Find all the elegance, romance and excitement of Paris, paired with the iconic wine regions, Burgundy and Bordeaux for the perfect Town and Country experience. Discover major landmarks and hidden gems of the City of Light, the most beautiful city in the world. Stay at a lovely luxury boutique hotel on the Left or Right Bank. This is the city for food, wine, culture and bliss!
Next, discover the beautiful “golden slopes” of Burgundy’s famed Côte d’Or with tastings at the best estates of legendary appellations like Gevrey Chambertin, Puligny Montrachet or Vosne Romanée. From the impressive 13th century wine presses of the Clos de Vougeot to the stunning renaissance architecture of the Hospices de Beaune, you’ll discover the rich cultural heritage and history of this region so exalted by wine lovers.
Get to know major appellations of Bordeaux as you taste at some of the most prestigious estates of the Médoc, Sauternes and St. Emilion region. From Classified Growths to Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnels, this tour oers a fantastic overview of the best that Bordeaux has to oer. But it doesn’t stop there! You’ll also enjoy gourmet dining and first-class accommodations in both regions. This is the perfect immersive program featuring the best each destination has to offer.
Day 1 Welcome to Paris
- Arrival at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Roissy. As soon as you exit the plane, a VIP representative will be waiting for you. He or she will welcome and escort you with priority access to checkpoints, to pick up your luggage and then will accompany you to your car.
- Enjoy a private transfer to your lovely centrally located boutique luxury hotel in the heart of the St. Germain district.
- Enjoy the rest of your day at your leisure.
Day 2 Customized tour in Paris B
- Today, choose one of the following included activities, such as:
- A private professionally guided tour of Paris including a private visit at a major museum such as the Louvre or Musee d’Orsay.
- A local market visit followed by a special small group cooking class with a local chef.
- A full day VIP private tour of Champagne.
- A small group foodie tour of St. Germain or the Marais to discover the best culinary spots with a local expert.
- Return to your hotel in the late afternoon. Enjoy evening on own.
Day 3 Discover Paris on own B
- Today is yours to explore and discover Paris on your own.
Day 4 Transfer to Burgundy B
- Check out and enjoy a private transfer to the train station, and continue your journey with a tour in Burgundy.
- Take a high-speed train to Beaune or Dijon, one way first class tickets included.
- You’ll be greeted by your English-speaking, professional driver. Transfer and check into the elegant 4-star Luxury Hotel Le Cep (apartment category room), ideally located in the very center of Beaune, just around the corner from the Hôtel Dieu (Hospices). To make the most of your tour, we have arranged a wine tasting class just around the corner from your hotel. You will review the essentials of Burgundy: varieties, geography of the vineyards, followed by an introduction to wine tasting and a blind tasting of eight wines. Evening free tonight to enjoy this charming town and discover its great restaurants, with our suggestions.
Day 5 Iconic Pinot Noirs: Cote De Nuits B,L
- Your first tour and tasting will be at a local estate in the Côte de Nuits. The Côte de Nuits region
is best known for its Grand Cru red wines made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes. The finest
reds produced here are powerful, medium bodied, with a subtle but good tannic structure.
- Enjoy a lovely welcome lunch at a charming country inn featuring specialties of the region. Depart for the historic Clos de Vougeot. This beautiful 13th century monastery is now owned by the Confrérie du Tastevin, the famous wine Brotherhood of Burgundy. During a fascinating guided tour of the Clos, learn how wine was made in the Middle Ages and see their massive 13th century wine presses that still work to this day! Afterward, you’ll taste Premier and Grand Cru wines at one of the best producers of Grand Cru appellation Clos de Vougeot, Gevrey Chambertin or Vosne Romanée, followed by a walk along the renowned vineyards of Domaine de la Romanée Conti. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon. Enjoy evening on own.
Day 6 Chardonnay pParadise: Cote De Beaune B,l
- Meet your guide and tour one of the great négociant (wine merchant) houses of Burgundy, like Louis Jadot or Bouchard Père et Fils (in the magnificent, totally private, 15th century Chateau de Beaune). A tasting of some of their great wines will complete your visit.
- Explore the Côte de Beaune today, home to the greatest Grand Cru white wine vineyards like the legendary Montrachet, as well as the famous appellations of Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet and Volnay.
- The Côte de Beaune is best known for its great white wines made from 100% Chardonnay grapes, perfectly suited to the limestone soils. The whites of the Côte de Beaune are full-bodied, with tremendous elegance, complexity and minerality. The reds are generally more feminine and lighter-bodied than in the Côte de Nuits, with softer tannins.
- You’ll taste at one of this area’s top estates that best exemplifies the terroir of the region.
- Enjoy a fun and informative wine tasting lunch of delicious local specialties at a local domaine, with up to 12 wines beautifully paired with your meal, including Grand Cru wines.
- Weather permitting; spend time in the vineyards discovering the golden slopes of the Côte de Beaune, and the iconic parcels that make these vineyards legendary.
- Return to your hotel for an evening on your own.
Day 7 Beaune and Transfer to Bordeaux B
- Enjoy a free morning in the charming city of Beaune. Tour the fascinating Hotel Dieu (Hospices de Beaune), with its beautiful 15th century architecture; check out the Athenaeum, France’s best wine accessory and gift shop; or just wander the streets and enjoy Beaune’s many shops and galleries.
- Meet your driver and transfer to Lyon, and connect to Bordeaux by plane. Meet your driver as you exit baggage claim and transfer to your hotel in
- Bordeaux: the 5* completely renovated Grand Hotel and Spa de Bordeaux, conveniently located in the heart of the historic district of Bordeaux.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at Max Bordeaux located near your hotel. Learn about the vineyards of Bordeaux, the different classifications and finally taste three Grands Crus from the region. Evening on own.
Day 8 The mighty Medoc B,L
- Today we explore the Médoc, world-renowned for its Classified Growth chateaux, following the “Route des Chateaux” through the famous villages of Margaux, Pauillac and Saint Julien.
- Your first tour and tasting will be at a Grand Cru chateaux as their VIP guests at a classified estate in Margaux such as Chateau Palmer. There are only 1,470 or so lucky people who reside in Margaux, one of the most famous wine making regions on earth.
- We continue towards Pauillac and St. Julien. Pauillac is maybe the best-known appellation of Bordeaux with three first great growths out of five:
- Chateau Lafite, Chateau Latour and Chateau Mouton-Rothschild.
- Slightly less powerful than Pauillac yet not as rustic as Saint-Estèphe, Saint-Julien wines are harmonious and well balanced red wines.
- A special treat awaits you today: a private wine tasting lunch at one of the best estates in the region. Your meal will be served in the kitchen or dining room of the chateau, prepared especially for you by the private chef of the estate, and paired beautifully with library wines of the estate.
- Return to your hotel in the late afternoon for evening on your own.
Day 9 Graves and Saint Emilion B
- Travel south to the vineyards of the Graves Region. The Romans planted some of the first vineyards in the Bordeaux area here, just outside what is now the city limits. You will be the guests of a Classified Grand Cru chateau, such as Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte or Chateau La Louviere where a great tour and tasting awaits you.
- Then travel to Saint Emilion. Known since Roman times for the quality of its wines, the village and vineyards of Saint Emilion are designated today as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Saint Emilion produces well-structured wines with great character that come from a judicious blending of
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot grapes.
VIP tour and tasting at a great Grand Cru estate awaits you this morning, like Chateau Beausejour Becot with its ancient underground cellars, or a great Classified Growth such as Chateau Figeac or Chateau Angelus.
- Following lunch on own, explore the beautiful medieval village on your own, its monuments and its many shops and galleries (including some of the region’s best wine shops).
- End your day with a transfer to the train station. Take the high speed train to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Spend the evening at the Paris Sheraton Hotel conveniently located inside the airport.
Day 10 Au Revoir B
Continue your journeys with fond memories of Paris, Burgundy and Bordeaux.
LEGEND FOR MEALS INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
*Itinerary subject to change: every effort will be made to keep the itinerary as close as possible to what appears here; however, the final
itinerary may vary due to wine producer schedules, availability and factors beyond our control.
Your Private Tour: Taste of Paris, Burgundy and Bordeaux includes:
- A customized itinerary featuring the best hotel, estate and touring elements tailored to your preferences
- 3 nights at a 4-star luxury hotel in Paris, in a Grand Deluxe Room
- Choice of a custom tailored day with exclusive visits or activities to choose from in Paris
- One way 1st class rail tickets from Paris to Burgundy and Bordeaux to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- 3 nights at a 4-star luxury hotel in Beaune, Junior Suite Accommodations
- Transfer from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- 2 nights at the 5* Grand Hotel and Spa de Bordeaux, Executive Opera View Accommodations
- 1 night at the Paris Sheraton Hotel in Charles de Gaulle Airport
3 lunches, all with premium wine, mineral water, coee and tea, including 1 private wine tasting lunch • Daily buet breakfasts
- A wine tasting class in Burgundy and in Bordeaux. Tours and tastings at the region’s finest wine estates
- Information on the region and its wines sent to you in advance of your tour
Price: (Subject to change and availability)
*Itinerary subject to change: every effort will be made to keep the itinerary as close as possible to what appears here; however, the final itinerary may vary due to wine producer schedules, availability and factors beyond our control.