Known as ‘L’Ile de Beauté’ (the Island of Beauty) by the French, with sensational bays of clear turquoise sea and white sandy beaches, dramatic mountains and picturesque countryside, Corsica is a truly enchanting Mediterranean island.
Covering an area of 8,741km2, Corsica is the 4th largest island in the Mediterranean, significantly smaller than the islands of Sicily and Sardinia and with only 36 inhabitants per km2, it is one of the least densely populated places in Europe. Although popular with travellers, commercial development is very tightly controlled and it is the traditional architecture that gives the island its character.
The natural landscape is rich in vegetation with vibrantly coloured wildflowers, olive groves, pine forests, rolling vineyards and fruit farms. Villages perched on steep hillsides with an eclectic mix of Baroque, Pisan and Genoese churches, rugged mountains standing high above and lush green countryside leading down to the azure sea, combine to make Corsica a charming, untainted and effortlessly beautiful holiday destination.
Despite its close proximity to France and Italy, the beautiful island of Corsica remains distinctive in both its history and culture, offering even seasoned travellers a unique and memorable taste of the Mediterranean.
Why Choose Corsica?
- 2 hour direct flight from 6 major UK airports
- A wide range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets
- Unspoilt and authentic Mediterranean island
- Beautiful beaches with azure blue sea, ideal for swimming and snorkelling
- Seaside towns, mountain villages and remote hamlets offering holidays ranging from the vibrant and lively to relaxed and tranquil
- Simple and hearty Corsican cuisine famed for its use of locally sourced produce and fusion of French and Italian influences
- Pleasant Mediterranean climate with average highs of around 27°C and 12 hours of sunshine daily during July and August
- Unique and captivating history
- Variety of art, music, sporting and religious festivals throughout the year
- Activities to suit all visitors, from couples to large family groups, including world-class dive sites, stunning hiking trails and a wide array of watersports
With 1,000km of unspoilt coastline, this beautiful island boasts an array of over 200 secluded, spotless and simply stunning sandy, pebbly and rocky beaches.
As well as the larger, popular beaches, tucked away along the beautiful Corsican coastline are also a number of hidden gems; peaceful, stunning and unspoilt, these gold and turquoise coves provide the perfect reward for those willing to search off the beaten track.
Wherever you choose to stay in Corsica, you will never be too far from a beautiful coastline and the crystal clear, turquoise waters that envelop the island; from the translucent waters of Rondinara and Palombaggia beaches in the south east, the sweeping golden sands of Campomoro and Portigliolo in the south west, the child friendly beaches of Calvi & L’Île Rousse in the north west and the famous remote white sands of Saleccia and Lodo beaches at the base of Cap Corse, this enchanting Mediterranean island has some of the cleanest, clearest waters in the world.
7 Night Secret Tour from Bastia
Located in the peaceful Corsican countryside or inconspicuous parts of the coastline this tour will offer peace and relaxation.
Hotel Demeure Castel Brando >
3 nights B&B
This elegant hotel has been converted from a 19th century ‘Maison Americaine’ and is situated in the quiet medieval fishing village of Erbalunga on the south east coast of Cap Corse, an ideal base from which to discover the beauty of the local area.
Hotel La Solenzara >
4 nights B&B
Located close to the lively seaside village and marina of Solenzara on the south east coast of Corsica, this charming hotel is a converted 18th century Genoese-style ‘maison de maître’ with modern annexe, set in lovely gardens with an infinity pool and wellness centre.
- In and out of Bastia airport
- 7 nights
- Prices from £738pp including accommodation as stated and a Renault Clio car hire or similar (excludes flights) based on travel on 15th September 2019
For more information contact : firstname.lastname@example.org