Begin you adventure in Champagne for VIP tastings at exclusive Champagne houses, including a very special private tour and tasting of the latest Dom Perignon vintage at Moët and Chandon. Discover the beautiful “golden slopes” of Burgundy’s famed Côte d’Or with tastings at the best estates of legendary appellations like Meursault, Gevrey Chambertin, Puligny Montrachet or Vosne Romanée. From the impressive 13th century wine presses of the Clos de Vougeot to the stunning renaissance architecture of the Hospices de Beaune, you’ll discover the rich cultural heritage and history of this region. Get to know major appellations of Bordeaux as you taste at some of the most prestigious estates of the Graves, Médoc, Sauternes and St. Emilion region. From Classified Growths to Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnels, this tour offers a fantastic overview of the best that Bordeaux offers. Along the way enjoy gourmet dining and first-class accommodations in all 3 regions. An unforgettable wine and food vacation for the discriminating wine lover!
Day 1 – Reims
- Arrive in the morning on own in Reims, the “capital” of the Champagne region, home of the spectacular Reims Cathedral, where the Kings of France were crowned for 800 years.
- Check in late afternoon to your luxury Relais and Chateau member hotel, Chateau Hotel Les Crayères conveniently located in Reims. We suggest a delicious dinner at your hotel’s excellent casual restaurant, Le Jardin.
Day 2 – Larges Houses of Reims
- Start your day with a visit one of the best major Champagne houses in Reims: Veuve Clicquot, Pommery, Ruinart, Taittinger or Mumm. Discover their majestic cellars, most dating back to Roman times with huge chalk pits and miles of galleries; then enjoy a tasting of their fine champagnes and some time for shopping in their boutique.
- Enjoy a lovely lunch at a casual local bistrot in the heart of Reims (lunch additional).
- This afternoon, you’ll travel into the beautiful champagne vineyards to visit one of the top boutique Champagne houses, like Tarlant, Billecart Salmon or Vilmart.
Day 3 Grand Crus: the Côtes des Blancs B
- Experience the finest (and loveliest) wine-growing region of Champagne, the Côte des Blancs (“hillsides of the whites”), which are covered with Chardonnay grapes.
- Visit and taste at two of the finest boutique producers of the Côtes des Blancs, like Champagne Agrapart et Fils, Gimmonet or Varnier-Fanniere.
- Lunch enroute to the charming hilltop village of Hautvillers. Visit the abbey and tomb of Dom Perignon, the famous monk known for his contributions to the development of champagne as we know it today. Continue to Epernay with a tour of the legendary Champagne house of Moët et Chandon. Here, you’ll have a private tour devoted to the cuvée Dom Perignon, which is only made in the best vintage years from 100% Grand Cru grapes. A tasting of one of the finest vintages of Dom Perignon will close your visit, in a private salon with one of Moêt’s distinguished sommeliers. We suggest dinner at your hotel’s excellent gourmet Michelin 2* restaurant, Le Parc.
Day 4 Reims, Chablis, and Burgundy B
- The morning is yours to discover Reims or simply relax and enjoy the views and amenities of your hotel.
- Then head to Burgundy with a stop along the way in Chablis. Known for its dry white wines made from 100% Chardonnay grapes, these wines are among the most elegant and sought-after in France.
- Continue to Beaune in the heart of Burgundy. Check into the elegant 5-star Luxury Hotel Le Cep, ideally located in the center of Beaune, around the corner from the Hôtel Dieu (Hospices). You have the evening free tonight to enjoy this charming town and discover its great restaurants, with our suggestions.
Day 5 Côte De Nuits B,L
- Begin your exploration of Burgundy where winemaking first began in this region, the historic Clos de Vougeot. This beautiful 13th century monastery is now owned by the famous wine brotherhood of Burgundy, the Confrérie du Tastevin. During a fascinating guided tour of the Clos, learn how wine was made in the Middle Ages and see their massive 13th century wine presses that still work to this day!
- Taste Premier and Grand Cru wines at one of the best producers of the Grand Cru appellation nearby. Delight in a meal at a charming country inn (wines included).
- Taste top selections at star producers of the Côtes de Nuits (we often visit Domaine Bertagna, Domaine des Lambrays, among others). Following your tastings, enjoy a stop along the vineyards of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti to view the iconic plots of La Tache and Romanée-Conti. Enjoy the charming town of Beaune and discover its great restaurants, with our suggestions.
Day 6 Côte De Beaune B,L
- Explore the Côte de Beaune today, home to the greatest Grand Cru white wine vineyards. These include the legendary Montrachet, as well as the famous appellations of Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet and Volnay.
- The Côte de Beaune is best known for its great white wines made from 100% Chardonnay grapes, perfectly suited to the limestone soils. The reds are generally more feminine and lighter bodied, with sofeter tannis than in the Côte de Nuits.
- Enjoy a fun and informative wine tasting lunch of delicious local specialties at a local estate, or Michelin 1* restaurant, with wines beautifully paired with your meal. This afternoon you will have your choice of one or two more tastings in the Côte de Beaune’s most famous appellations.
- Return to your hotel for an evening on your own.
Day 7 Beaune and Travel to Bordeaux B
- Enjoy a free morning in the charming city of Beaune. Tour the fascinating Hotel Dieu (Hospices de Beaune), with its beautiful 15th century architecture; check out the Athenaeum, France’s best wine accessory and gift shop; or just wander the streets and enjoy Beaune’s many shops and galleries.
- Transfer by private car to Lyon and connect to Bordeaux by plane.
- Meet your driver as you exit baggage claim and transfer to your hotel in Bordeaux: the 5* Intercontinental Grand Hotel and Spa de Bordeaux, conveniently located in the heart of the historic district of Bordeaux.
- Enjoy your first night in this charming town and discover its great restaurants, with our suggestions.
Day 8 The Mighty Medoc B,L
- Today we explore the Médoc, world-renowned for its Classified Growth chateaux, following the “Route des Chateaux” through the famous villages of Margaux, Pauillac and Saint Julien.
- Your first tour and tasting will be at a Grand Cru chateau as their VIP guests at a classified estate in Margaux such as Chateau Palmer. The 1,470 or so lucky people who live there reside in one of the most famous wine making regions on earth.
- We continue towards Pauillac and St. Julien. Pauillac is maybe the best-known appellation of Bordeaux with three first great growths out of five: Chateau Lafite, Chateau Latour and Chateau Mouton-Rothschild.
- Slightly less powerful than Pauillac yet not as rustic as Saint-Estèphe, Saint-Julien wines are harmonious and well-balanced red wines.
- Prepare to savor a special treat today: a private wine tasting lunch at one of the best estates in the region. Your meal will be served in the kitchen or dining room of the chateau, prepared especially for you by the private chef of the estate, and paired beautifully with library wines of the estate.
- Return to your hotel in the late afternoon for evening on your own.
Day 9 Saint Emilion B
- Known since Roman times for the quality of its wines, the village and vineyards of Saint Emilion are designated today as a
- UNESCO World Heritage Site. Saint Emilion produces well-structured wines with great character that comes from a judicious blending of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot grapes.
- VIP tours and tastings at two great Grand Cru estates await you this morning, like Chateau Beausejour Becot with its ancient underground cellars, or the great Classified Growths such as Chateau Figeac or Chateau Angelus.
- Following lunch on own, explore the beautiful medieval village on your own, its monuments and its many shops and galleries (including some of the region’s best wine shops).
- End the day at your hotel for an evening on your own during the last night of the tour.
Day 10 Au Revoir B
- Continue your journeys with fond memories of Burgundy and Bordeaux, and their entire splendor.
- We will be happy to assist you with the best options for transferring to Paris CDG Airport or beyond depending on your travel schedule.
- LEGEND FOR MEALS INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
- *Itinerary subject to change: every effort will be made to keep the itinerary as close as possible to what appears here; however, the final itinerary may vary due to wine producer schedules, availability and factors beyond our control.
YOUR private luxury tour of Champagne, burgundy and Bordeaux Includes:
- A customized itinerary featuring the best hotel, estate and touring elements tailored to your preferences
- The services of a professional English-speaking local wine expert guide on touring days
- 3 nights at 5-Star Luxury Relais & Chateau member Les Crayères in Reims, double occupancy, in Deluxe room
- 3 nights at 5-Star Luxury Hotel le Cep in Beaune, double occupancy, in Apartment category
- 3 nights at 5-Star Luxury Hotel Intercontinental Grand Hotel and Spa de Bordeaux, Executive Opera Room
- Buffet breakfast each day
- 3 Wine tasting lunches with premium wines
- Admission and guided tour at the Clos de Vougeot
- All VIP tours and tastings at the best estates of each region
- A full packet of information on the region and wine tasting, all local taxes
(Monday through Friday tour dates are preferable, as more wine estates are open. Saturday is also possible if necessary.) Subject to availability. Single supplement: please inquire. For groups of 7 or more guests: please contact us for a price quote. Not included: any personal expenses, or any services not specifically mentioned above as included in the price of your tour.
WIne Chateaux and Estates
We include only top-quality wine chateaux and estates in our programs. Chateau visits are scheduled by special arrangement, and some chateaux or estates, including any mentioned in the Itinerary, may not be available on your dates. Once you book your program with us, we will contact the estates to determine which are available. If there are specific chateaux or estates you would like to visit, please let us know, and we will contact your preferences first when arranging visits and tastings for you.
For more information contact : firstname.lastname@example.org