After checking in at the hotel and spending a relaxing evening in the city, you will be picked up by an English-speaking guide at a central departure point in Reims on the morning of day two. During the course of the day, your guide will regale you with tales and anecdotes of the history of Champagne and its vineyards, introducing you to the particularities of the region. You will start the day in style with a tour and tasting at the world-famous Moët and Chandon estate. You will also stop at the famous hilltop village of Hautvillers, the “cradle of Champagne.” As well as admiring the spectacular views across the vineyards, your guide will take you on a tour of the village, visiting places such as the Church where Dom Perignon is buried. After such an enlightening morning, you will then be taken to a beautiful private mansion for a unique Champagne tasting masterclass. As well as having the opportunity to taste the three principal grape varieties, a light lunch will also be served. In the afternoon, you will visit a small family-run Champagne House and after a tasting session of their Champagnes, you will enjoy a traditional French aperitif amongst the vines. You will be taken back to Reims at the end of the day.
Three or four day Champagne wine tour based in Reims
Day one of your Champagne wine tour
- Upon arrival in Reims, check into your chosen hotel.
- In your travel pack will be a comprehensive list of recommended restaurants in the city centre. We would be pleased to recommend a restaurant and reserve you a table for dinner if required.
Day two of your Champagne wine tour
- After breakfast, meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point in Reims, who will accompany you throughout the day. Your tour day will comprise of:
- Tour and tasting at Moët and Chandon.
- A stop in Hautvillers for a tour of the village including the Church where Dom Pérignon is buried.
- A light lunch with local delicacies and Champagne.
- An entertaining Champagne masterclass.
- A tour and tastings at a small family run Champagne House.
- A traditional French apéritif in the vines.
- You will be taken back to Reims at the end of the day.
Day three (optional) of your Champagne wine tour
- After breakfast, walk to your two favourite prestigious Champagne Houses in Reims for a full tour of the estate and cellars and a flute or two of their Champagne. Options include Ruinart, Veuve Clicquot, Taittinger, GH Mumm and Pommery.
- In the evening, a three course dinner with three different Champagnes will be served in a cosy restaurant in the city centre.
The final day of your Champagne wine tour
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
– Suite Novotel Reims Centre
– Grand Hotel Continental – Reims
– Holiday Inn Reims Centre – Reims
– Hotel aux Sacres – Reims
– Hotel de la Paix – Reims
To view the full intenerary contact : email@example.com